Alstonville Country Cottages is in a perfect position to savour the delights of both the hinterland and the coast of the Northern Rivers area.
On the property:
- Relax by the pool or read on your secluded verandah
- Bush walk through the Heritage Rainforest
- Walk to Duck Creek and sit and listen to the water babbling
- Walk through the property and birdwatch
- Play basketball or use the large grounds for your own sporting interests
- Pamper yourself and let us arrange a personal massage for you at your cottage
- Sit on your verandah at dusk and watch the wallabies
- Pick your own herbs or fruit when in season
- Enjoy complimentary locally produced coffee
- Join in farm activities as appropriate
- Feed the chickens, horse, donkeys and cows and calves
- Collect freshly laid eggs
- Sit around the open fireplace
- Cook your own pizzas in the Wood Fired Pizza Oven
Or explore the local area and all it has to offer:
- Follow the Heritage trail in Alstonville or sit and relax in one of the many cafes
- Try out the variety of restaurants around the area that reflect the abundance of local produce.
- Book a fishing, sailing or kayaking adventure on the Richmond River, Ballina
- Swim, Surf and relax at the beaches of Lennox and Byron Bay
- Visit the local artists and galleries
- Walk in the National Parks and visit the local water holes and waterfalls
- Walk or cycle along the local cycle tracks
- Play golf at the range of courses closeby
- 4WD or ride horses along the beaches
- Watch the whales as they pass close to the shore between June and October.
- Visit Byron Bay Lighthouse (the most easterly point of Australia)
- Visit the local Weekend Markets with their wide range of local arts and produce.
- Explore the different villages in the area and the stunning border ranges
Ask about our personal list of favourite things to do or we can book an activity or restaurant for you.