Did you know that Alstonville Country Cottages has a farm animal petting area?
- the miniature goats, Muse and Aphrodite
- the Harlequin duck, Joker
- the guinea pigs, Bert and Ernie
- the dogs Taffy the Staffy and Captain the overgrown pup
- the chickens and
- the two horses, Karnie the Standardbred and Cobber the Arab.
Or you can collect your own freshly laid eggs from chicken nesting boxes.
The two miniature goats live together in the petting area with the chickens and Joker the duck.
Here are some special goatee facts!
Muse and Aphrodite are female goats, which are called does. Male goats are called bucks or billies. Goat’s milk makes lovely cheese or yoghurt.
Are you kidding?
Who are they?
Our goats are female Australian Miniatures
- They will be 60cm tall when they are fully grown
- They are gentle, friendly and playful
- They live until they are 11-15 years old
- There are three varieties, Elf, Pixie, Munchkin and Nuwb
In Australia the Pygmy Goat and the Nigerian Dwarf goat are also popular.