Alstonville Country Cottages is in a perfect position to savour the delights of both the Byron Bay hinterland and the coast of the Northern Rivers area.
On the property:
- Relax by the pool or read on your secluded verandah
- Bush walk through the Heritage Rainforest down to Duck Creek
- Sit around the open firepit and tell stories
- Cook your own pizzas in the Wood Fired Pizza Oven
- Use the Compass Room and reception room for your own special events
- Play basketball or use the large grounds for your own sporting interests
- Pamper yourself and let us arrange a personal massage for you at your cottage
- Pick your own herbs or fruit when in season
- Feed the friendly farm animals
- Collect freshly laid eggs
Or explore the local area and all it has to offer:
- Follow the Heritage trail in Alstonville or sit and relax in one of the many cafes
- Savour the variety of restaurants around the area that reflect the abundance of local produce.
- Fish or take a kayaking adventure on the river
- Watch the whales as they pass close to the shore between June and October.
- Cycle the wonderful cycle tracks through Ballina and along the coast towards Lennox Head
- Swim, Surf and relax at the beach
- Visit the many local artists and galleries
- Hike in the National Parks and visit the local water holes and waterfalls
- Play golf at the range of courses closeby
- 4WD or ride horses along the deserted South Ballina beaches
- Visit Byron Bay Lighthouse (the most easterly point of Australia)
- Visit the local Weekend Markets with their wide range of local arts and produce.
- Explore the different villages in the area and the stunning border ranges
Ask about our personal list of favourite things to do or ask us to book an activity or restaurant for you.